I am Eline Muijres, Producer at Mipumi Games, an independent game studio in Vienna. I work on a range of games varying from work-for-hire projects like Ubisoft’s The Settlers Online to our own original games such as Howl and The Flower Collectors. My responsibilities include both production and communications.
Additionally, I am a board member of the Games [4Diversity] Foundation, aimed to improving the representation of minorities in games and the games industry. We organize a game industry boat on the Utrecht Canal Pride, as well as game jams and meetups focused on creating visibility and better understanding for underrepresented people in games.
Since I moved to Austria, I’ve done my best to support the Austrian games industry however I can. I joined the board of the Austrian game developers association PGDA as 1st Vice Chair, and it is our goal to make the Austrian games industry more successful and visible.
I started in the game industry as a game journalist, writing for Gamer.nl and several other Dutch websites and magazines. I moved on to marketing, PR and production at Game Oven, known for the games Bounden and Fingle. After that, I was Communications Manager at the game incubator & hub Dutch Game Garden. At DGG, I focused on helping young game studios with the business side of game development, and connecting people in the game industry through matchmaking and organizing events, like INDIGO.
Together with a bunch of friends I co-founded the website Laadscherm.nl, where we wrote about games from a broader and more human perspective.
I view games, or play in general, as an exciting form of art. My goal is to contribute to making the game industry more inclusive towards women and minorities, and support developers to create unique and diverse games.
Like what I do? You can support me on Ko-fi.
- 2019-20XX: Producer at Mipumi Games
- 2018-20XX: Board Member at Games [4Diversity]
- 2021-20XX: Board Member at Pioneers of Game Development Austria
- 2015-2019: Communications Manager at Dutch Game Garden
- 2017-2019: Editor & Co-Founder Laadscherm.nl
- 2018-2019: Committee Member Flanders Game Fund (VAF)
- 2015: PR & Marketing at Monogon Games
- 2013-2015: Production, PR & Marketing at Game Oven
- 2013-2015: Editor at Gamer.nl
- 2012: Researcher at Utrecht University of the Arts (HKU)
- 2010-2012: Editor at Bashers.nl
- 2009-2010: Editor at GameZ Magazine & Gamez.nl
- 2008-2011: Editor at NDomain.nl
- MA New Media & Digital Culture, Utrecht University (2012)
- BA Communication & Information Studies, Utrecht University (2011)
- Stedelijk Gymnasium Nijmegen (2007)